Weapons of the Sea
|Quest Giver||Finola O'Connor|
|Requirements||Complete Previous Quest|
Hardy Fisherman's Smock
|Previous Quest||Reel Life|
|Next Quest||Treasures of the Deep|
Weapons of the Sea is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Restless Shore. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Weapons of the Sea quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Weapons of the Sea Quest Guide
Weapons of the Sea is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Weapons of the Sea Quest
The Weapons of the Sea Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Finola O'Connor, found on a small island just west of Fort Restless Shore.
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Reel Life
Weapons of the Sea Walkthrough
Catch a Fish Sword and a Fish Headed Hammer for Master Fisher O'Connor and present them to Master Fisher Abebe in Mourningdale.
Catch a Fish Headed Hammer
Catch a Fish Sword
- Speak to Finola O'Connor.
- Catch a Fish Sword and Fish Headed Hammer in the waters just in front of her.
- Deliver the items to Tariku Abebe who can be found in Mourningdale, at the lake in Pueblo Culto Nunez northeast of the settlement.
Similar to the previous quest, you can use bait to improve your chances. The water near the quest giver is Salt Water, so use Nightcrawler or Glowworm Bait to catch the items. These can be obtained by gathering Flint from beaches and coastal areas during daytime and nighttime, respectively.
Weapons of the Sea Rewards
- Hardy Fisherman's Smock
- 2,380 XP
- 122.50 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Weapons of the Sea will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Treasures of the Deep
Weapons of the Sea Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Weapons of the Sea Notes and Tips
- Notes and Tips go here