Baited is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Everfall. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Baited quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Baited Quest Guide
Baited is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Baited Quest
The Baited Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Fishing Basics
Catch one Snail in Fresh Water and one Clam in Salt Water to salvage them for bait for Master Fisher Ruby and deliver them to Master Fisher Clemenson in First Light.
Catch a Snail in Fresh Water and salvage it to create Snail Bait
Catch a Clam in Salt Water and salvage it to create Clam Bait
- Speak to Dena Ruby
- Catch a Clam in Saltwater (Suggested: Stolen Shores in Everfall, right where you get the quest)
- Catch an Aquatic Snail in Freshwater (Suggested: Hatchburg Fishery, northwest of First Light settlement)
- Salvage each item to obtain a Clam Bait and Snail Bait
- Turn in the bait to Dallas Clemenson who can be found along the shores of the Saircor Inlet, north of First Light settlement past the Dayspring Mills.
Tips: Clams and Snails can be quite rare. Consider using Nightcrawler Bait for Clams and Woodlouse Bait for Snails to make catching them easier. Nightcrawler Bait can be found while collecting Flint on shorelines and beaches during Night time. Woodlouse Bait can be obtained by gathering Bushes. If you are extremely unlucky and still unable to catch these creatures, consider fishing from Hotspots. There is a 1-star Freshwater Hotspot in Hatchburg Fishery, the same location suggested above, for catching Snails. There is a 1-star Saltwater Hotspot southeast of First Light settlement, just along the southern coast. These Hotspots are unlocked at Fishing Level 3 and 4, respectively.
- Battered Fisherman's Gloves
- 870 XP
- 78.75 Coin
- 175 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Baited will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Hotspot Hunt
Baited Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Baited Notes and Tips
- Despite the name, the Battered Fisherman's Gloves, along with all other equipment in the Battered Fisherman's Set do not possess any Fishing-related Perks and are mostly for cosmetic purposes.