To Be a Grand Master is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Reekwater. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the To Be a Grand Master quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World To Be a Grand Master Quest Guide
To Be a Grand Master is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get To Be a Grand Master Quest
The To Be a Grand Master Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Gaspar Machera, found at the northwest tip of Siren's Stand in Reekwater. Follow the road going southeast from the settlement.
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Ecological Report
To Be a Grand Master Walkthrough
Reach Fishing Level 100 and talk to Grand Master Machera in Reekwater.
This final quest is rather simple and is all about the grind. A rule of thumb is to always try and catch the largest and rarest fish that you can which means using your best Bait, and a good balance between size and rarity-boosting Perks on your equipment. Find a bunch of Hotspots that are close to each other and hop between them as they become active. Stick to the 2-Star Hotspots as these contain more fish overall and have a shorter respawn time, ultimately yielding more XP over time than 3-Star Hotspots.
Refer to the table below for the XP gained per catch. Check the Fishing guide for other details.
|Fish XP Table|
- You gain 10 XP towards Fishing whenever you get a Bite, on top of each fish's XP per catch.
- Aquatic Snails, Clams, and Tadpoles are classed as Medium Uncommon fish, yielding 156 XP per catch.
- Oysters and Starfish are classified as Small Rare fish, yielding 175 XP per catch. Treasure Chests are classed as Large Rare "fish", yielding 200 XP per catch.
- Legendary fish have no size classifications and all provide 550 XP per catch.
To Be a Grand Master Rewards
- Legendary Pole Reward Box (Contains: Ancient Fishing Pole, Angry Earth Fishing Pole, Corrupted Fishing Pole, Lost Fishing Pole)
- Note that you can only receive one of these items.
- 3,750 XP
- 157.50 Coin
- 175 Territory Standing
- 30 Azoth
To Be a Grand Master Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
To Be a Grand Master Notes and Tips
- Notes and Tips go here