The Giant Ones is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Cutlass Keys. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the The Giant Ones quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World The Giant Ones Quest Guide
The Giant Ones is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get The Giant Ones Quest
The The Giant Ones Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Edith Perchal, who can be found at the tip of the river running north of Cutlass Keys settlement.
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Practice Makes Perfect
The Giant Ones Walkthrough
Catch eight fish greater than 20 inches in length for Master Fisher Perchal and deliver it to Master Fisher Park in Brightwood.
Objectives: 0/8 - Catch eight fish with a length greater than 20 inches.
- Speak to Edith Perchal.
- Catch 8 x fish greater than 20 inches.
- Deliver fish to Park Jennet who can be found at a lake to the east of Brightwood settlement.
Notes: The fish can be of any type as long as they are 20 inches or larger. In order to catch larger fish, you will need to use size-boosting bait such as Clam, Oyster, Snail or Electric Eel Bait. Each of these can be salvaged from the creatures of the same name, caught through fishing.
Our recommended locations for catching the creatures are as follows:
- Clam - Hotspots in Cascade Harbor to the east of Windsward. (Level 2 and Level 7)
- Oyster - Same as Clams.
- Aquatic Snail - Hatchburg Fishery, northwest of First Light settlement.
- Electric Eel - Hotspot in Forellac (Level 4), far in the northwest of First Light.
Note that these creatures have no sizing classifications and cannot be turned in for the quest so you will still need to catch your large fish.
Alternatively, if you have a Cooking skill of at least level 5, you can cook the Meat Bait or Fish Bait. However, these provide the smallest boost to the chance to catch larger fish. Lastly, you can check the Trading Post and purchase them.
The Giant Ones Rewards
- Battered Fisherman's Smock
- 1,830 XP
- 105.00 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing The Giant Ones will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Fish Reagents
The Giant Ones Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
The Giant Ones Notes and Tips
- Despite the name, the Battered Fisherman's Smock, along with all other equipment in the Battered Fisherman's Set do not possess any Fishing-related Perks and are mostly for cosmetic purposes.