|Quest Giver||Michael Shields|
|Requirements||Complete Previous Quest|
Battered Fisherman's Boots
|Previous Quest||Fishing with Shields|
Fishing Basics is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Windsward. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Fishing Basics quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Fishing Basics Quest Guide
Fishing Basics is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Fishing Basics Quest
The Fishing Basics Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Michael Shields who can be found along the river just outside to the west of the Windsward settlement.
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Fishing with Shields
Fishing Basics Walkthrough
Cast, hook, and reel in three fish for Master Fisher Shields and deliver them to Master Fisher Ruby in Everfall.
0/3 - Cast your Fishing Pole
0/3 - Hook fish
0/3 - Reel in fish
- Speak to Michael Shields
- Catch 3 fish of any type from any body of water.
- Deliver the fish to Dena Ruby who is just along the coast north of Everfall Watchtower.
Note that you cannot complete this quest using previously caught fish as the task requires you to cast, hook and reel in fish 3 times each.
Fishing Basics Rewards
- Battered Fisherman's Boots
- 520 XP
- 50.00 Coin
- 175 Territory Standing
Completing Fishing Basics will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Baited
Fishing Basics Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Fishing Basics Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here