Practice Makes Perfect is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Monarch's Bluffs. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Practice Makes Perfect quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Practice Makes Perfect Quest Guide
Practice Makes Perfect is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Practice Makes Perfect Quest
The Practice Makes Perfect Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Quinton Warwick, found on one of the small islands directly south of Fort Monarch's Bluffs.
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Hotspot Hunt
Practice Makes Perfect Walkthrough
Catch fifteen fish anywhere for Master Fisher Warwick and deliver to Master Fisher Perchal in Cutlass Keys.
Objectives: 0/15 - Catch fish anywhere
- Speak to Quinton Warwick.
- Catch any 15 fish from anywhere.
- Speak to Edith Perchal at the tip of the river just north of Cutlass Keys settlement.
Note that the quest specifically requires you to catch 15 fish, so any pre-caught fish will not count.
Practice Makes Perfect Rewards
- Battered Fisherman's Hat
- 1,540 XP
- 96.25 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Practice Makes Perfect will also unlock the next quest in the chain: The Giant Ones
Practice Makes Perfect Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Practice Makes Perfect Notes and Tips
- Despite the name, the Battered Fisherman's Hat, along with all other equipment in the Battered Fisherman's Set do not possess any Fishing-related Perks and are mostly for cosmetic purposes.