|Quest Giver||Dallas Clemenson|
|Requirements||Complete Previous Quest|
Battered Fisherman's Trousers
|Next Quest||Practice Makes Perfect|
Hotspot Hunt is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in First Light. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Hotspot Hunt quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Hotspot Hunt Quest Guide
Hotspot Hunt is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Hotspot Hunt Quest
The Hotspot Hunt Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Dallas Clemenson who can be found along the shores of the Saircor Inlet, north of First Light settlement past the Dayspring Mills..
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Baited
Hotspot Hunt Walkthrough
Catch fish from a Hotspot three times for Master Fisher Clemenson and deliver a note to Master Fisher Warwick in Monarch's Bluff.
Objectives: 0/3 - Catch fish from Hotspots
- Speak to Dallas Clemenson.
- Catch any 3 fish from any Hotspots (Suggested: Hatchburg Fishery, northwest of First Light settlement)
- Speak to Quinton Warwick, found on one of the small islands directly south of Fort Monarch's Bluffs along the western edge of the map.
Note that the Hotspots available to you will depend on your Fishing Level. The Hotspots will also need to be active and this can be a problem if your server is extremely busy. The following are some easy-to-reach Hotspots available at Fishing Level 20 and below:
- Fishing Level 3: Hatchburg Fishery, northwest of the First Light settlement.
- Fishing Level 4: Southeast of the settlement, along the southern coast.
- Fishing Level 4: In the fishing village of Forellac in the northwest.
- Fishing Level 7: In the northern coast of Las Torres Bay, near the middle.
- Fishing Level 12: Northeast of First Light settlement and directly east of the Saircor Bridge towards Elder's Bluff.
- Fishing Level 2: River west of the settlement, near where you found Michael Shields in the first quest of the chain.
- Fishing Level 2: Directly east of the settlement, along the coast of Cascade Harbor.
- Fishing Level 7: Further along north of Cascade Harbor.
- Fishing Level 12: All the way on the western edge of the Windsward map and slightly north of Willette's Homestead.
- Fishing Level 16: Meadow Lake Fishery north of the settlement.
- Fishing Level 16: Far east of the settlement, along the river that runs outside Longshadow Enclave.
- Fishing Level 20: Body of water just west of the previous Hotspot.
Hotspot Hunt Rewards
- Battered Fisherman's Trousers
- 1,200 XP
- 87.50 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Hotspot Hunt will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Practice Makes Perfect
Hotspot Hunt Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Hotspot Hunt Notes and Tips
- Despite the name, the Battered Fisherman's Trousers, along with all other equipment in the Battered Fisherman's Set do not possess any Fishing-related Perks and are mostly for cosmetic purposes.