Soulwarden Rations is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Great Cleave. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Soulwarden Rations quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Soulwarden Rations Quest Guide
Soulwarden Rations is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Soulwarden Rations Quest
The Soulwarden Rations Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Treasures of the Deep
Soulwarden Rations Walkthrough
Catch five fish heavier than 30 pounds for Master Fisher Klaus and deliver them to Master Fisher Davies in Edengrove.
Objectives: 0/5 - Catch fish with a weight greater than 30 pounds
- Speak to Eberhart Klaus.
- Catch 5 x fish heavier than 30lbs.
- Deliver fish to Rory Davies, found in the large lake just south east of the Genesis of Malevolence in central Edengrove.
Similar to The Giant Ones Quest earlier in the chain, use your best size-boosting Bait (Electric Eel/Oyster), as well as any gear with the Colossus Perk. You also want to fish in deep water so leave Glass Lake and find some Salt Water, preferably with a Hotspot. A good candidate is Cascade Harbor to the east of Windsward which has both a 1-Star Hotspot near the middle and a 2-Star Hotspot further to the north. Cutlass Keys also has two 2-Star Hotspots in the southeast and southwest edges of the map, but these require Fishing Levels 45 and 56, respectively.
Soulwarden Rations Rewards
- Sleek Fisherman's Hat
- 2,890 XP
- 140.00 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Soulwarden Rations will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Azoth-Tinged Fish
Soulwarden Rations Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Soulwarden Rations Notes and Tips
- The quest log entry for this quest erroneously asks the player to deliver the fish to Master Fisher Bernard in Shattered Mountain, which is for the following quest Azoth-Tinged Fish.