Reel Life is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Weaver's Fen. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Reel Life quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Reel Life Quest Guide
Reel Life is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Reel Life Quest
The Reel Life Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Complete previous quest in the chain: Fish Reagents
Reel Life Walkthrough
Catch three Boots in Weaver's Fen to clean up the waters for Master Fisher Agarwal and deliver a new line to Master Fisher O'Connor in Restless Shore.
Objectives: 0/3 - Catch Boots in Weaver's Fen
- Speak to Sheetal Argawal.
- Clean up the waters just in front of her by fishing up 3 "Boots".
- Speak to Finola O'Connor who can be found on a small island just to the west of Fort Restless Shore.
The "Boots" in question are special quest items that can only be fished up around the Fen, referred to in-game as Slimy Boot. We find that using Woodlouse or Firefly Bait makes catching them much easier.
Reel Life Rewards
- Fishing Reward Box 2 (Contains Hardy Fisherman's Hat, Hardy Fisherman's Trousers)
- Note that you can only receive one of these items
- 2,380 XP
- 122.50 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
- 20 Azoth
Completing Reel Life will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Weapons of the Sea
Reel Life Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Reel Life Notes and Tips
- Notes and Tips go here