Trapper is one of the two available skill trees for the Musket Mastery in New World. Trapper abilities mainly focus on crowd control devices such as traps and bombs. Muskets benefit mainly from Dexterity, but Intelligence also contributes although on a secondary level.
All Trapper Tree Abilities in New World
Trapper Tree Active Abilities
Overload musket with gun powder, causing the next shot to deal 120% Weapon Damage, staggering target and knocking them back 3 meters. Does not stack or combine with other Overloaded shots.
- Lasting Impression: Targets hit with Stopping Power are Exhausted; reducing stamina regeneration speed by 10% for 8 seconds.
- Supplementary Repulsion: Targets hit with Stopping Power are slowed by 10% for 8 seconds.
Throw a trap that last for 20 seconds. When triggered it causes target to be Rooted, immobilizing target for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Trapped Damage: Traps apply Rend to target increasing damage to trapped targets by 20% for 3 seconds.
- Scent of Blood: Regen 100% of weapon damage done as health when dealing damage to trapped targets.
- Double Trap: Ability to have two active traps.
Throw a short range bomb that sticks to anything it makes contact with. Detonation will occur 3 seconds after impact dealing 235% weapon damage to all targets within 3m.
- Unflinching Walk: Sticky bomb grants player 40 stamina when it deals damage with an explosion.
- Sticky Slow: Direct hits with the Sticky Bomb cause the target to be Slowed by 15% for 3 seconds.
Trapper Tree Passive Abilities
Salt On The Wounds
+10% increased damage to targets below 30% health.
Increases the stamina damage from standard shots dealt to enemies blocking with shields by 50 and deal 10% of Armor Penetration to targets that aren't blocking with a shield.
After a Dodge: Gain Haste, increasing movement speed by 10% for 3 seconds.
Attacking a target with an active debuff restores 5 stamina.
Back It Up
Walking/Strafing movement speed Increased by 10% when an enemy is within 8 meters of player.
Hitting a target with an active debuff triggers Empower, increasing player's damage to be increased by 5% for 5 seconds.
Dodging Reloads the musket. (Can only trigger once every three seconds)
Kick 'Em When They're Down
Deal 10% extra damage to targets with an active crowd control effect.(Slow, Root, Stun)
Increases Musket Damage by 20% against targets affected by Trapper Tree status effect.