War Hammers are a type of Weapon in New World. Weapons are pieces of equipment used to deal damage to enemies in battle. Weapons provide many different options and approaches to combat, allowing the player to deal damage in different ways. War Hammers are massive weapons that are slow, but powerful, excelling at crowd control and breaking through defenses.
All Weapon Types in New World:
New World War Hammers Overview
The War Hammer is a massive two-handed crushing weapon that boasts the highest raw damage in the game. Featuring large, sweeping AoE attacks, the War Hammer excels at multi-target encounters and crowd control. Additionally, the War Hammer's attacks can break through an opponent's block making them ideal for heavy and defensive opponents. On the opposite end, however, the War Hammer is also the slowest weapon to use and requires both hands to equip,
The War Hammer's damage scales purely off of the player's Strength Attribute. Investing in this attribute will improve the player's effectiveness with all War Hammer weapons.
The War Hammer Mastery is made up of the Juggernaut and Crowd Crusher trees.
War Hammer Mastery
Juggernaut Tree Abilities
- Armor Breaker - A powerful swing that penetrates 35% of the target's armor and deals 120% weapon damage. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Mighty Gavel - An overhead leaping attack that crushes down on enemies dealing 120% weapon damage. Cooldown: 22 seconds.
- Summary Judgement - On targets under 30% HP: Increase damage done by Mighty Gavel by 20%.
- Impact Fracture - Increase stamina damage done by Mighty Gavel by 25%.
- Expedite - After a successful Mighty Gavel attack, gain Haste, increasing the player's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
- Justice For All - Press Light Attack during Mighty Gavel to add a second attack that deals 150% weapon damage.
- Wrecking Ball - Strike the ground around a target with the War Hammer dealing 100% weapon damage and flattening the enemy. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Epitome Of Bonk! - Increase Armor Penetration by 10% for all War Hammer Standard attacks.
- Exhaustive Attacks - All War Hammer abilities apply Exhaust, slowing target's stamina regeneration by 10% for 3 seconds. (Does not stack)
- Quick Recovery - Cooldowns are reduced by 7% with successful Heavy Attacks.
- Hammer Time - Gain Empower on successful Heavy Attacks, increasing attack damage by 10% for 2 seconds.
- Hardened Steel - Adds Grit to War Hammer Heavy Attacks, preventing you from being staggered.
- Contemption - On targets under 30% HP: Increase damage done by Heavy Attacks by 15%.
- Power Through Pain - For 1 second after taking damage, deal 20% extra damage.
Crowd Crusher Tree Abilities
- Shockwave - Slam the Hammer into the ground causing a 3 meter radius AOE earthquake that deals 90% weapon damage. Applies Stun to all impacted targets for 1.8 seconds. Taunt Gem Compatible: If you have a Carnelian gem equipped in your war hammer, this ability causes a 6-second taunt when it hits. (Taunt causes monsters to focus only on you.) Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Clear Out - A wide swing that knocks enemies back 4 meters to create distance, dealing 110% weapon damage. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Power Cleaner - Hitting a target with Clear Out grants Fortify, providing a 10% defense bonus for 4 seconds to all friendlies within 6 meters.
- Clean And Refreshed - Clear Out's cooldown is reduced by 5% per enemy hit with the ability.
- Swing Away - Using Clear Out on a target grants Haste, increasing movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.
- Path of Destiny - A powerful ground strike that erupts a linear wave of energy in front of the player, dealing 125% weapon damage to all targets in its path. Cooldown: 22 seconds.
- Outnumbered - Increase Physical and Elemental resistance by 5% for every enemy within 5 meters of player.
- Facilitated Expedition - After hitting a target with an active debuff, obtain Haste, increasing movement speed by 10% for 2 seconds.
- Resurgence - After 2 Light Attacks with the War Hammer, debuff durations on player are reduced by 25%. Can only trigger once every 5 seconds.
- I Can Do This All Day - Reduce stamina consumption by 30% when blocking melee attacks.
- Guarded Sprint - Reduce damage taken by 10% while sprinting.
- Acceleration - Reduce War Hammer Cooldowns by 7% when using Light Attacks against targets with an active debuff.
- Concussive Impact - +15% damage against targets affected by War Hammer debuffs.
- Prevailing Spirit- Regain 35% of damage dealt as Health when using a Crowd Crusher ability.
- Aftershock - Whenever a target is affected by a Crowd Control effect, they are slowed by 20% for 4 seconds.
All War Hammers in New World
War Hammers can be obtained in a number of ways: Through Crafting, found as random loot in chests and containers, as random drops by Enemies and Bosses or as rewards for completing Quests. The following table lists all available War Hammer in New World, as well as their sources:
|Weapon Name||Base Damage||Special Effects||Tier||Source|
|Iron War Hammer||140 - 163||-||T2||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Steel War Hammer||163 - 189||-||T3||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Starmetal War Hammer||189 - 219||-||T4||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Orichalcum War Hammer||219 - 255||-||T5||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Iron Greathammer||359 - 416||-||T2||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Steel Greathammer||434 - 504||-||T3||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Starmetal Greathammer||525 - 609||-||T4||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Orichalcum Greathammer||634 - 735||-||T5||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Sample||-||-||T2||Random Drop: Enemy / Boss / Expedition|
|Sample||-||-||T3||Quest Reward: Quest name|
|Sample||-||-||T4||Random Loot: Location name|