Life Staves are a type of Weapon in New World. Weapons are pieces of equipment used to deal damage to enemies in battle. Weapons provide many different options and approaches to combat, allowing the player to deal damage in different ways. Life Staves are magical weapons used to heal allies and provide protective buffs.
All Weapon Types in New World:
New World Life Staves Overview
The Life Staff is a magical weapon that employs healing and protective magic, as opposed to the destructive powers of the Fire Staff. As such, the Life Staff is primarily a support weapon that excels in keeping allies alive and bolstering their defenses.
The Life Staff's magical strength scales off of the player's Focus Attribute. Points in Focus also provide bonuses to maximum mana and regeneration, allowing the player to cast more spells. Investing in this attribute will improve the player's effectiveness with all Life Staff weapons.
The Life Staff Mastery is made up of the Healing and Protector trees.
Life Staff Mastery
Healing Tree Abilities
- Divine Embrace - Heal target for 150% weapon damage. Cooldown: 6 seconds.
- Sacred Ground - Create an area on the ground that lasts for 12s and heals 10% weapon damage every second. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Splash Of Light - You and all group members are healed for 50% weapon damage. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Desperate Speed - When you heal an ally with less than 50% health Life Staff cooldowns are reduced by 10%.
- Sacred Protection - While holding a Life Staff: increase the base health of all friendlies in your group by 10%.
- Absolved - Life Staffs Light and Heavy attack no longer take mana.
- Mending Touch - Life Staffs Heavy Attack now removes one debuff when hitting an ally.
- Blissful Touch - Light attacks now heal target for 20% weapon damage when hitting an ally.
- Revitalize - When you hit with a light attack reduce all your cooldowns by 5%.
- Enchanted Justice - When hit in battle activate a healing aura for you and nearby friends in a 4m radius healing for 10% weapon damage each second for 6s. (cooldown 120s)
- Intensify - Heavy Attacks give you increase healing by 10% for 10s (max 3 stacks).
- Divine Blessing - When you heal an ally if their health is below 50%: heal for 30% more.
Protector Tree Abilities
- Orb Of Protection - Shoot out a light projectile that grants 15% Fortify for 20s, heals an ally for 10% of weapon damage, and deals 95% weapon damage when it hits an enemy. (Fortify reduces incoming damage.) Cooldown: 10 seconds.
- Light's Embrace - Targeted heal for 75% weapon damage +30% more for each buff on that target. Cooldown: 4 seconds.
- Beacon - Shoot out a light projectile that deals 95% weapon damage to enemies, attaches to it's target and heals all nearby allies for 20% weapon damage each second for 10s. Cooldown: 35 seconds.
- Bend Light - After a dodge roll your heals are 20% more effective for 5 seconds.
- Protector's Strength - If you have a buff heal for 10% more.
- Spirits United - Increases mana regeneration for you and group members by 3%.
- Defensive Light - When you block a Melee attack: gain 5% max mana.
- Protectors Touch - Life Staffs Light and Heavy grant 15% Fortify for 3s when hitting an enemy. (Fortify reduces incoming damage.)
- Balance - When you get hit while below 50% health, gain 10% Haste for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
- Glowing Focus - Buffs you grant last 20% longer
- Magnify - When you heal with Light's Embrace extend Life Staff buffs by 2 seconds.
All Life Staves in New World
Life Staves can be obtained in a number of ways: Through Crafting, found as random loot in chests and containers, as random drops by Enemies and Bosses or as rewards for completing Quests. The following table lists all available Life Staves in New World, as well as their sources:
|Weapon Name||Base Damage||Special Effects||Tier||Source|
|Iron Life Staff||133 - 154||-||T2||Crafted: Arcana|
|Steel Life Staff||154 - 179||-||T3||Crafted: Arcana|
|Starmetal Life Staff||179 - 207||-||T4||Crafted: Arcana|
|Orichalcum Life Staff||207 - 240||-||T5||Crafted: Arcana|
|Sample||-||-||T2||Random Drop: Enemy / Boss / Expedition|
|Sample||-||-||T3||Quest Reward: Quest name|
|Sample||-||-||T4||Random Loot: Location name|