Hatchets are a type of Weapon in New World. Weapons are pieces of equipment used to deal damage to enemies in battle. Weapons provide many different options and approaches to combat, allowing the player to deal damage in different ways. Hatchets are primarily melee weapons that can also be thrown to provide a ranged combat option.
All Weapon Types in New World:
New World Hatchets Overview
The Hatchet is a versatile one-handed weapon that is primarily used to deal damage in close combat. However, investing in certain skills within its mastery trees unlocks the ability to throw the hatchet as a ranged weapon, opening up new ways to approach combat. The Hatchet mastery trees also offer a lot of potent self-healing and damage mitigating abilities, making the Hatchet a great weapon for tanking when complemented by proper armor.
The Hatchet's damage scales off of the player's Strength and Dexterity Attributes. Investing in these stats will improve the player's effectiveness with all Hatchet weapons.
The Hatchet Mastery is made up of the Beserker and Throwing trees.
Berserker Tree Abilities
- Feral Rush - A sprinting melee attack that causes the player to leap forward, hitting twice. The first hit deals 100% weapon damage and the second deals 115% weapon damage. Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Berserk - Triggers a Berserk Mode that increases all attack damage by 20% while active. Berserk Mode will be active for 15 seconds. Taunt Gem Compatible: If you have a Carnelian gem equipped in your hatchet, this ability will perform an 8-second taunt to all enemies within 8m. (Taunt causes monster to focus only on you) Cooldown: 30 seconds.
- On The Hunt - Increases movement speed by 20% while in Berserk Mode.
- Berserking Refresh - When Berserk ends, you heal yourself for 30% of your max health.
- Berserking Purge - Triggering Berserk removes all Crowd Control effects (Stuns, Slows, Roots) from the player.
- Uninterruptible Berserk - While Berserk is active, your attacks are uninterruptible and you can't be staggered.
- Raging Torrent - Perform four fast attacks, each dealing 80% weapon damage.
- Enraged Strikes - If target is below 30% health, Light and Heavy attacks deal 20% more damage.
- Against All Odds - Increase base damage by 10% for every enemy within 5 meters of player.
- Frenzied Purge - When hitting an enemy while your health is below 30%: Remove all Bleed, Burn, and Poison DoT effects from the player. 60 second Cooldown
- Accumulated Power - After 3 successful light attacks against the same target: gain Empower, granting a 30% damage increase for 3 seconds of until the next attack.
- Relentless Fury - After a successful Heavy attack: gain Empower granting a 30% damage increase for 3 seconds of after 4 stacks.
- Fortifying Strikes - Hitting the same target with 3 light attacks grants Fortify, increasing damage absorption by 15% for 3 seconds.
- Desperate Refresh - All cooldowns are reduced by 5% when hitting an enemy with an attack while your HP is below 30%.
- Defy Death - Upon receiving lethal damage, you will avoid death and instead be reduced to 50 HP while gaining invulnerability for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
Throwing Tree Abilities
- Rending Throw - Throw an axe dealing 110% weapon damage and applying Rend, reducing target's damage absorption by 10% for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Targeted Impact - Rend effect increased to 20% and duration extended to 6 seconds if further than 8 meters from target.
- Opportunistic - Rending Throw deals an additional 20% damage if target already has an active debuff.
- Second Wind - Using Rending Throw on a target with an active debuff reduces ability cooldown by 20%.
- Social Distancing - Throw an axe forward and dodge backwards, dealing 120% weapon damage and slowing targets by 15% for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Infected Throw - Throw an axe that deals 130% weapon damage and triggers Disease and Weaken on the target for 5 seconds. (Disease reduces target's healing efficiency by 30%) (Weaken reduces target's damage by 10%). Cooldown: 15 seconds.
- Mortal Power - Increases the duration of Disease and Weaken effects to 8 seconds on targets below 30% Health.
- Aerial Transmission - Creates a 3-meter Disease AOE on impact that lingers in place for 3 seconds.
- Aimed Throw - Replaces block with an Aimed Throw that deals 90% weapon damage. Hold RMB to enter aimed stance. Each throw consumes 30 Stamina.
- Refreshing Throws - Light Attacks and Aimed Throws against targets with an active debuff reduce all cooldowns by 5%.
- Boot And Rally - Light Attacks and Aimed Throws regenerate 20 stamina when hitting targets with an active debuff.
- Rejuvenating Crits - Successful Critical Hits with Light Attacks or Aimed Throws regenerate 20 Stamina.
- Critical Throw - Thrown axes are now capable of triggering headshots or random critical hits. Also increases critical hit chance of all attacks by 5%.
- Exploitation - All attacks deal 15% additional damage to targets with an active debuff.
- On Fire - Every 3rd successfully thrown axe is a guaranteed crit.
- Adrenaline Rush - Dodging within 2 seconds of triggering an ability consumes 25% less Stamina.
- Persistent Hinderance - Successful throwing axe hits extend all hatchet debuff durations by 2 seconds.
All Hatchets in New World
Hatchets can be obtained in a number of ways: Through Crafting, found as random loot in chests and containers, as random drops by Enemies and Bosses or as rewards for completing Quests. The following table lists all available Hatchets in New World, as well as their sources:
|Weapon Name||Base Damage||Special Effects||Tier||Source|
|Iron Hatchet||125 - 145||-||T2||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Steel Hatchet||145 - 168||-||T3||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Starmetal Hatchet||168 - 195||-||T4||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Orichalcum Hatchet||195 - 226||-||T5||Crafted: Weaponsmithing|
|Sample||-||-||T2||Random Drop: Enemy / Boss / Expedition|
|Sample||-||-||T3||Quest Reward: Quest name|
|Sample||-||-||T4||Random Loot: Location name|