Fishing With Shields is a Side Quest in New World which takes place in Windsward. Side Quests are optional tasks that the player can complete for additional experience and rewards but are not required in order to move the story forward. However, Side Quests can also have their own story progression that can influence other aspects of the game. This page provides guided information on completing the Fishing With Shields quest as well as details on its related NPCs, objectives, rewards and more.
New World Fishing With Shields Quest Guide
Fishing with Shields is part of the Fishing Quest chain which consists of special Side Quests focused on the Fishing Trade Skill. Each quest requires the player to complete a Fishing-related task and also serves as a soft introduction to various Fishing mechanics such as Bait, Fish Size & Rarity, Hotspots and more. There are 15 Quests in the chain and each rewards a piece of equipment useful in Fishing, along with other rewards.
- Each Quest must be completed in order before the next one is unlocked.
- Completing this quest chain is currently the only way to acquire one of the 4 Legendary Fishing Poles.
- Note that while you can begin the Quest Chain as early as Character Level 3 and there are no further level requirements, you will be visiting some of the higher-level Territories and venturing into them at lower levels can prove perilous. Furthermore, the equipment rewarded have level requirements before you can use them so consider taking your time with these quests.
- See the Fishing page for other related info
How to Get Fishing With Shields Quest
The Fishing with Shields Quest can be obtained as follows:
- Speak to Michael Shields who can be found along the river just outside to the west of the Windsward settlement.
- Player Level 3
Fishing With Shields Walkthrough
Collect Woodlouse bait by gathering bushes for Master Fisher Shields. Talk to Master Fisher Shields in Windsward.
Objectives: 0/5 - Gather bushes to collect Woodlouse Bait
Note: Woodlouse Bait is not a guaranteed drop from every Bush but there should be enough in the area to fulfill the requirement in a short amount of time.
Fishing With Shields Rewards
- Wooden Fishing Pole
- 280 XP
- 43.75 Coin
- 250 Territory Standing
Completing Fishing With Shields will also unlock the next quest in the chain: Fishing Basics
Fishing With Shields Enemies & Bosses
You may encounter some of the following enemies during this quest:
You must defeat the following Bosses to progress in the Quest:
Fishing With Shields Notes and Tips
- Notes & Tips go here